Testing the Filter System

Today I researched a few more ideas for information to gather during each hit to the Engineering.com website, since my work on the user guide should be done for now before our Thursday demo. My team mate suggested I also begin testing the filter system he created (which lets people build their own queries from scratch, using joins etc from Mongo). It’s a good thing we decided to test this, because though the csv export feature is working great, including limits to prevent unresponsiveness etc, it isn’t behaving properly with the joins. I completed a variety of tests which involved no joins/one join/many joins with and without filters, and the combination of joins and filters causes it to throw errors, and it can’t do well with more than one join either.

We’ll try to debug this issue tomorrow before the demo.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s