Today we added more code to our setup (both Push API and web browser code) to catch whether or not the users are sharing articles on social media. We were already looking at whether or not they were clicking on links, but we wanted to grab this info if we could because of how valuable it is.
We made the required changes but due to the complexity of the changes and my unfamiliarity with testing this kind of change, we decided to wait until Monday morning to test it, when we’ll have more time to observe it and correct any issues.
The rest of the day I also spent time preparing for my second presentation. I’ll be giving an introduction to Elasticsearch and how to use it an MVC style web app. My team mate will be giving an introduction to machine learning and how search engines like Elasticsearch rank results, using mathematical techniques like term frequency-inverse document frequency.
Oh yeah and I learned that Google Docs produces much nicer-looking presentations than LibreOffice Impress.
So far so good with our scale up to being on all the article sections, by the way. Our database isn’t breaking a sweat: